1. ANGEL (Frost Finish) - A popular nude pink shade made famous by Kim K.. It's one of the only frost lipsticks I own and surprisingly doesn't have much of a frost finish. It leans a little on the cooler side on me, however when paired with MAC's Boldly Bare lip pencil, I get the perfect nude pink shade for my skin tone..
2. KINDA SEXY (Matte Finish) - Probably one of my top favourite nudes from MAC, this neutral pinky peach nude shade is an easy slap on and go colour.. I don't need a lip liner and for a matte finish, it's one of the creamiest matte shades I've tried thus far..
3. VELVET TEDDY(Matte Finish) - This one is closer to my natural lip colour and leans more brown in comparison to Kinda Sexy but is a great "MLBB" shade..
4. SHY GIRL (Cremesheen Finish) - A more true peach nude, this one took time to grow on me. It's a great alternative when you want to move away from the pinky brown nudes.. Because it's a cremesheen finish, you get the sheen of a gloss but opacity of a lipstick in one..
5. BRAVE (Satin Finish) - This mauvey rose shade isn't as nude as the rest but I love it.. Both this colour and Kinda Sexy were purchases influenced by YouTuber Sam on BeautyCrush because she would talk about them all the time.. And now I see why!
1. NARS Deep Throat Blush - Don't let the name throw you off.. This is a light peachy pink blush with subtle shimmer that gives your cheeks the perfect amount of flush as if you've just gotten back from being outside in the ongoing polar vortex
2. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer - Received as a mini sample with my Ambient Lighting Palette, this primer has quickly become a favourite of mine that I've actually gone out and purchased the travel size one (partly because you only need a little, and partly because the full size is super expensive).. It makes your foundation apply nice and smooth and I find myself having to blot away oils less..
3. MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW25 - I got this in a bag of makeup from Christmas and I forgot how much lighter it felt to use liquid concealer over cream concealer under the eyes.. It has a light/medium coverage and is good for days when you're in a hurry..
4. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle - The Revlon lip butters are among one of my favourite drugstore lipsticks and Pink Truffle has been a great "my lips but better" shade that I'd throw on for everyday wear.. I love the natural rosy pink shade it transfers on my lips and it's quite moisturizing as well..
6. MAC Liquid Eye Liner in Boot Black - While I'm not the biggest fan of the applicator, when I use a MAC 209 or the Real Techniques liner brush, the product is great.. It's a true matte black..
I can't even remember the last time I had a haircut. It's definitely been a while and my hair had gotten so long, to the point where I'd be fed up with it and throw it up in a pony tail or bun within the hour of having it down (my co-workers can vouch for this...). While I enjoyed it for a while, it was about time I chopped it off.
This time around, I decided to donate my hair to "Pantene Beautiful Lengths", which is the Canadian equivalent to the popular "Locks of Love". I ended up cutting off about 10.5 inches and while it was a slightly emotional moment for me, I knew it'd go toward a good cause. After freaking out while my family members took turns cutting braid by braid, I felt so much lighter (literally!).
I remember when Locks of Love came to my high school a few years back and I watched people getting their hair cut off in the cafeteria. I remember seeing a few girls cry and now I can understand why. It took me a while myself to finally bite the bullet and cut my hair. As cliche as it sounds, your hair is, in some ways, a security blanket. However, attached as I was, I think we all get to a point where it's about time for a change - and my decision to cut my hair appropriately coincided with the New Year. I only hope that I continue to make decisions and changes for the better this year.
Before getting into my favourite products this past month, I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope that everyone welcomes 2014 with open arms. We've survived another year and were blessed with a new one so I hope that everyone makes the most of it.
Anyway, while my monthly favourites aren't a consistent thing on this blog, I felt like these products have stood out enough to receive mention. So without further ado.. here's what I've been loving in December [last year..]
1. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette [HERE] - A rose golden themed edition to the Naked family with light and dark shades that make the palette versatile for day and night.. The underlying pink theme makes it different enough from the previous two palettes if you were thinking of purchasing it, however it's completely up to personal preference.. 2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette [HERE] - While I'm not entirely sure if it's a limited edition product, it's a great way to try out the infamous Ambient Lighting Powders if they sparked your curiosity prior.. They offer a "lit from within" type glow to your face without making you look greasy or glittery like a disco ball.. 3. ELF Studio Blush Brush [HERE] - ELF is known for their affordable make-up and tools.. Their infamous studio brush line are well made and perform great.. I've been enjoying the blush brush to apply the Ambient Lighting Powders.. Especially when I'm selling my under eye concealer.. 4. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach [HERE] - It's been a love/hate relationship between myself and this product because I was never to keen on its creaminess.. However, it's been a great product this winter because it provided my under eyes with some added moisture.. Also helped correct the dark circles I've been having from lack of sleep.. 5. MAC Boldly Bare Lip Pencil [HERE] - One of my favourite lip pencils to wear under my nude pink lipsticks because of the added warmth it provides to the lip colour.. Especially when they're cooler pinks that tend to look an unflattering purple on my lips.. 6. MAC Angel Lipstick [HERE] - The infamous Angel lipstick has been a favourite for years and to be honest.. I've been using it a lot this month with the motivation to finish what's left of the little nub.. It's a great nude pink shade though, and pairs well with Boldly Bare lip pencil by MAC.. 7. Lancome Le Crayon Khol in Black Ebony [HERE] - Another product I've had for a while.. Though it's not as creamy as others I've tried, it works works well on the waterline and doesn't really smudge.. 8. MAC Eyeshadows in Naked Lunch and Wedge [HERE] - Two among my top five favourite MAC shadows, Wedge is that perfect blending crease colour that works with almost everything, and Naked Lunch is a soft champagne pink shade that instantly brightens your eye area.. Especially when you've had a long night..
If it isn't already obvious based on the title and the photo above.. yep! I got the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I actually received it as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend and couldn't be more excited. I'll be honest and say that when I first heard about the Naked 3, I was a little skeptical about it. However, like most things.. it started to grow on me. Anyway, here are my pro/cons:
- It's got a different color palette altogether in comparison to the Naked and Naked 2 as it's got a more rose golden tone to it. With Naked and Naked 2, I feel you can get away with just one of them, however because Naked 3 is a more pink-toned palette, there's enough variation between them if you decide to want to get it
- Like all Urban Decay shadows, the pigmentation is great - very creamy and blendable
- It has 3 matte shades that are perfect for brow bone highlight and transitional colours
- Has a great range of light and dark shades that make the palette versatile for day and night looks
- Comes with a deluxe sample pack of all of Urban Decay's eyeshadow primers
- Packaging is travel friendly
- All shades are new
- You can never really get away from those glittery shades with the chunky glittery fall out
- The pink tones may not be everyone's cup of tea
- Price might be a little bit of a turn off for some
Overall, I feel it's a matter of preference when it comes to this. Yes I feel it's different enough from the previous Naked Palettes to purchase if you please, however if you're not into the rose gold/pink tones this may not be for you. I've been using it a lot since receiving it.. surprisingly more so than my Naked 2 Palette (which in all honesty.. I don't like as much as the original Naked Palette, or even the Naked 3). But again, it's ultimately up to you..