Saturday, June 22, 2013

What I Thought// Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara















I picked this mascara up last week since I ran out of the Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara - which you read about here). I was torn between trying the Flamed Out mascara and the Clump Crusher, and ended up going with Flamed Out.

This mascara claims to add instant maximum volume, bold winged out lashes and has a unique wire brush that coats your lashes up and out. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for around $7, and got it in very black blaze.

I'm going to be honest and say that my first impression of this mascara was a total bust. The first application was very dry and I had to really work with it and give my lashes a few coats in order to see a difference in my lashes. However things did turn around as I started using it.














Using it more often I found that the formula started to apply more smoothly and I didn't have to apply numerous coats to get my desired effect. It does give my lashes volume and some added length as well. It also doesn't clump very easily, which is a good thing - although from my experience with Covergirl's Lash Blast Volume, I feel like Covergirl's mascaras don't clump that easily, at least on me.

It doesn't necessarily give me that "winged out" lash effect but I'm not really to picky about that. It's definitely got a dryer formula than any Maybelline mascara so it may dry out faster but so far it's been pretty good.

I don't really have an opinion on the brush applicator. It combs out my lashes fairly well and doesn't pack on too much product. I guess my only gripe would be when you pull the wand from the tube, there's a big clump of excess product on the tip of the brush. It's annoying but tolerable.














My lashes are borderline medium length, with average thickness. This mascara, after initial use, is a fairly good mascara at giving me volume and length. It holds a curl decently however when you start packing on color it can weigh down your mascara (like most mascaras tend to do). I haven't experienced any smudging or flaking so far either.

I probably wouldn't recommend this mascara for bottom lashes just cause the brush is on the bulkier side. Speaking of bottom lashes! I actually found that towards the end of using my Maybelline Illegal Length mascara, I actually liked how the Illegal Length performed on my bottom lashes (just to put it out there..).

Would I repurchase this mascara? Perhaps, if it were on sale. It's definitely not holy grail status but it's decent. I recommend this mascara to people who have medium lashes with good length and average volume. I imagine it would be amazing on people who already have long amazing lashes (like MakeupbyTiffanyD!). I also recommend this mascara to people who prefer a dryer consistency when it comes to mascara formulation.

So those were my thoughts on the new Covergirl Flamed Out mascara. Have any of you tried it out? Let me know down below whether you hated or loved it, and any other recommendations you have.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...