Monday, June 17, 2013

What I Thought// MAC Matchmaster Foundation

I picked up the MAC Matchmaster Foundation a while back when I finished my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (which I miss dearly btw..) and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

This is one of MAC's newer foundation that claims to adjust to your skin tone with the use of "Shade Intelligence Technology". I always found products with a "self-adjusting" claim to be quite gimmicky, although when I first tried a sample of this foundation, I was actually impressed with its ability to adjust quite closely to my skin tone. 

I initially bought this in the shade 3.0, which is what the MAC associate advised for me since I told her I was NC30 in the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Pro Longwear, but I exchanged it for the shade 2.0 because I found that the 3.0 oxidized on me (turning me an unflattering oompa loopma orange). 
Bare Face
Left (w/Foundation) vs. Right (w/o Foundation)
This foundation claims to have a demi-matte finish with medium, buildable coverage and has an SPF of 15. I actually agree with the claims because it was definitely matte with a slight glow that doesn't make you look greasy, and I could still see my skin peeking through. It's definitely not as thick as the Studio Fix Fluid, but easier to blend than the Pro Longwear. I also found that it held up better against my oily skin than Pro Longwear did.
Whole Face w/ Foundation
Full Face of Makeup
I find that I rarely have to blot throughout the day with this and I love that I don't necessarily have to set it with powder because it sets fairly quickly. Now, that doesn't mean you have to work quickly to blend it out, but it doesn't have that annoying tacky feeling when you're anxiously waiting for it to set so you can move on with the rest of your face. 

Overall, I'm impressed with this foundation and I appreciate that it sticks relatively close to its claims. It's probably one of MAC's foundations that I can actually openly recommend without picking out its flaws. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...