Monday, August 26, 2013

Inspired

"Be inspired and play around with clothes, but keep your own personality. I feel sorry for people who want to look like someone in a magazine. You will always look better when you are YOURSELF, and when you understand what fits you and what pleases you. For me, that's the key to style." - Isabel Marant; H&M Fall '13 Issue; Isabel Marant pour H&M
As I was impatiently waiting for my mother to finish work so we could go home together, I was reading H&M's new Fall'13 issue and stumbled upon an article featuring Isabel Marant - renowned fashion designer, and birth mother of heeled sneakers. She was interviewed in regards to her collaboration with H&M due November '13 in select stores and her closing remarks - which I've quoted above - really spoke to me.

While I may post outfit of the days here on my blog, I am by no means trying to put myself out there as a fashion icon or fashion advisor. I was discussing it with one of my friends last night that my OOTDs don't really have a specific theme or style to them. So while part of me thinks I should have a specific style to keep things a little more uniform, there's also a part of me that just wears what I want to wear.

To be honest, I haven't really found a specific style to stick to. I think I'm still trying to figure that out. Just like everything else in my life - although I should probably have things sorted by now.. - my style changes with my mood. I like to be comfortable but presentable at the same time. I'll admit I've made a bunch of fashion don'ts. Trying to fit into trends that may look good on someone else but doesn't flatter my body type has been a long time flaw that I'm slowly but surely trying to correct.

With that said, I shall take Isabel's words to heart. The world of fashion and style is just as much a learning experience for me as is makeup and beauty. But I guess it's the learning and growing that makes things all worth it.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...