Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What I Thought// Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation





I picked this up a while ago when it was on promo for a combo pack of the foundation and powder for $11CDN, which mind you.. is quite a steal because you're basically getting one of the products for free! And who doesn't like such an awesome deal? I picked mine up from Wal-Mart and got the shade 170 Natural Beige - which was a tad dark on me at the time - however since I've actually been out and about in the sun this summer I've acquired quite a darker colouring [*the pale asian in me squeals with excitement*] so being that this was the only foundation to match me during the warm months, it has been my go to foundation for pretty much all of summer. 

It's got a light to medium buildable coverage and is definitely a dewy foundation. Being an oily skinned gal myself, this could either turn out a disaster or.. on the odd occasion, work out! Either way, it's what I've been using lately and while I do find myself having to blot a few times - not that blotting or getting oily throughout the day is foreign to me - I'm pretty pleased with it. While my skin is oily, I don't always want a matte foundation because I do get the occasional dry patches and matte finishes can look really flat and unnatural. 

I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply it and set it with powder. Overall, I would recommend this foundation to those with dry to normal skin. However, if you're combo to oily this could work for you! If you turn out an oil slick within an hour then I'd definitely steer clear of this foundation. And finally, for those of you who are like me who don't always want a matte finish and don't mind touching up throughout the day, then you might want to check this little number out the next time you're at the drugstore!

xoxo

P.S. I'd say my only gripe with it is that it doesn't have a pump [BOO!] and due to the fact that it's on the liquidy side of formulations, it can be a little messy if you're not careful..

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try this foundation, because of my oily skin. But like you, I like a dewy finish, so I might give this one a go. Right now I'm just too obsessed with my Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation!! Nice review! xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love the Covergirl but i've been having more pesky dry patches lately that it just clings to them so I've had to put it aside for now :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...